Will Williams has been publicly reported to have stated:
“We’ll try to shield Erich (Gliebe) as best we can and put the theft onto Walker and Martin. Though Erich was irresponsible in not supervising Martin for years.”
This article will analyze this subject in some detail using several readily available published sources, with the intent to come to a definite conclusion regarding alleged past National Alliance (NA) financial improprieties by Gliebe and Cartwright and some say continuing cover up by Williams and Cartwright of those failures in past NA Corporate fiduciary responsibilities.
Part 1: General Overview of NA Financial Mismanagement/Probable Unlawful Activity
What does Will Williams have to say about allegations of financial improprieties/probable unlawful activity under the past NA duo of Chairman Gliebe and Treasurer Cartwright? Right out of the horses mouth himself this is what Williams said in a February 2015 email to some of his new NA staff members:
The factual information that can be gleaned from the above email is as follows. First off there was, putting it mildly, serious financial improprieties to say the least under the Gliebe/Cartwright reign at the NA Corporation.
Second, Williams bluntly states that he will attempt to shield Gliebe as much as possible and put all of the blame on others (e.g. long past NA Chair Shawn Walker and past NA business manager Patrick Martin). It is important to note here that Williams says nothing about Cartwright. It was on both Gliebe and Cartwright’s watch, under their Corporate Fiduciary responsibility to ensure that good corporate governance is maintained and to ensure that Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) must be followed according to the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC).
Third, several important questions that must be addressed to justice are as follows:
- If the Gliebe/Cartwright corporate duo had fiduciary responsibility for the NA under their watch, how can they blame it all on a former paid employee or other long gone persons?
- If neither Gliebe nor Cartwright had the training nor experience to run a corporation let alone handle corporation finances, why would they not hire someone who could, e.g. hire an independent auditor to ensure that such allegations that Williams claims do not occur?
- Williams implies in one of his past NA bulletins that Cartwright has some Nursing training or as he says “Cartwright gave up a promising career in nursing in order to raise a family”. Even if this were so, how does this give any qualification for Ms. Cartwright to be Treasurer of the National Alliance since 2006 under Gliebe and Secretary of the National Alliance now under Williams?
- If such gross neglect and dereliction of duties occurred from both Gliebe and Cartwright, then why in the world would Williams keep on Cartwright as one of his Board of Directors yet alone appoint her to the position of Corporate Secretary for the NA? One can only surmise that this is not because of her financial acumen nor past accounting accomplishments, but only for the reason that some sort of inside deal that Gliebe made with Williams as part of the transfer of Chairmanship over to Williams. Williams it should be noted, had not been a NA member for over 12 years, and had resigned from the NA before Dr. Pierce’s death, some say because Dr. Pierce insisted on Williams leaving the NA.
In summary, to the casual observer, based upon the known mosaic of facts as stated above, one can weave an overall picture of what happened in the past under the duo of Gliebe/Cartwright. In addition, it should be stated that Williams has allowed a continuing cover up of past financial wrongs, i.e., Williams “shielding” Gliebe and passing the blame onto other past NA officials.
It should be noted that Williams’ subsequent denials on Stormfront and in his VNN reply (circa May 24, 2015) that Dilloway never did any work as a “forensic accountant” for the Alliance also includes his legally foolish admission that there are, in fact, serious financial irregularities with the corporation Williams now heads.
Part 2: Specific Examples of Evidence of Financial Improprieties/ Probable Unlawful Activities
Due to Attorney Client privilege in the ongoing National Alliance Reform & Restoration Group (NARRG) lawsuit against Gliebe et. al, (and to keep the confidentiality of NA members and potentially sensitive NA financial information intact, etc.), the following published evidence that is already now public knowledge will be the only information that will be cited. We will not divulge other information NARRG has in keeping with proper court etiquette, rules and protocol, etc.. We will not leak out to the media case sensitive information, unlike Williams, who himself has provided such material thru his emails such as previously shown in Part 1 above, etc.. Note that all of this information has already been made public by others, with Williams himself confirming the existence and authenticity of such documents by his propensity to debate in cyberspace and in his emails and other forms of communication with such adversaries as the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). Only in Williams’s unclear mind (affected admittedly by himself to have PTSD), it is good propaganda to divulge and admit information to those who he claims opposes him such as the SPLC.
In keeping with proper protocol this article will cite the references for the images of the documented evidence that have been previously provided by others, and will give credit to where it is due. We will use Reference 1 to denote the SPLC website articles from May 20, 2015 and May 27, 2015 regarding “Allegations of Embezzlement, Money Laundering and Tax Fraud at the NA”; and Reference 2 to denote the LA Times August 9, 1998 article for details regarding the NA tax preparer Thomas Padgett.
The following exhibits shown (as well as the e-mail above) originated from Randolph Dilloway and subsequently made public. Dilloway is a former close associate of Will Williams and member of the Williams organization. Dilloway was given unfettered and unsupervised access to all records in the national office administrative building at Mill Point, WV by Williams. (Note Williams statement in his e-mail above stating that Dilloway was doing “tedious forensic accounting” at the national office.)
Dilloway gave information to the SPLC in response to an intense disagreement between himself and Williams over the proper handling of the discoveries made by Dilloway in his work for Williams. After a heated altercation between the two, Williams abruptly and roughly dismissed Dilloway from his employ. Later, Williams threatened legal action against Dilloway for supposed breach of confidentiality in an alleged employment agreement. However, such an action in this case would probably be of little value as where the subject matter concerns issues of suspected criminal activity, the whistle-blower would have protection of the law. Employer/Employee proprietary information contracts are not protected where there is reasonable suspicion or evidence that a crime has been committed and therefore cannot be covered-up.
Exhibit 1: (Source Reference 1)
- “On Oct. 23, 2014, the day before Will Williams took over the organization, the Alliance filed its 2013 tax return for National Vanguard Books (NVB).
- “The Alliance claimed it sold less than $25,000 in books in 2013 and claimed expenses of more than $60,000, thus reporting it took a loss of more than $37,000.”
- “Worse was the last page of the filing, where the preparer claimed that National Vanguard Books had a Net Operating Loss (NOL) of more than $480,000 available in 2013.”
- “The National Vanguard Books 2013 tax return was prepared by Thomas Padgett…”, “…. a notorious swindler who was convicted of insurance fraud and sent to prison thirty years ago.”
- “A few weeks ago, the IRS rejected Padgett’s NVB tax filing and opened up an inquiry in to the National Alliance. The National Alliance leaders and employees and others interviewed, both on and off the record, for this report all denied any knowledge of financial irregularities with the organization and placed the blame squarely on others for any problems that may ultimately be found in the pending IRS inquiry.”
- “For his part, Will Williams told the SPLC in an email, “I will stipulate that there were what might be called improprieties with Alliance finances under Mr. Gliebe’s governance, but he is no longer Chairman of the Alliance.”
Exhibit 2: (Source Reference 2)
‘ZZZZ Best Appraiser Sentenced to 8 Years’ is the name of the LA Times August 9, 1998 article for details regarding the NA tax preparer Thomas Padgett. The reference hyperlink for this article is: http://articles.latimes.com/1988-08-09/local/me-324_1_appraiser-sentenced
It should be noted that Thomas Padget who Gliebe hired to do the NA 2014 Tax returns has a very dubious background.
Discussion on Exhibit 2: From the above mentioned Reference 2 the following quotes speak for themselves and it appears no further elucidation on the facts should be needed, unless otherwise noted.
- “Thomas G. Padgett, 37, the first defendant to be sentenced in the massive bank fraud and securities fraud case involving ZZZZ Best’s collapse.”
- “Padgett, a Westchester resident, pleaded guilty in February to four counts of securities fraud, bank fraud and mail fraud in connection with the phony insurance restoration scheme.”
- “Padgett met with investors, bankers, lawyers, accountants, underwriters and others in a classic, con artist’s ‘sting,’ ” Assistant U.S. Atty. James R. Asperger said in a memorandum to the court.”
- “Raul Ayala, Padgett’s attorney, said his client is remorseful about his role in the scheme and has cooperated extensively with the FBI, providing a detailed account of the fraud and what led up to it.
- “U.S. District Judge Dickran Tevrizian, in imposing the eight-year prison term, said frauds of the kind ZZZZ Best employees allegedly perpetrated have become too widespread.” “There’s too much of that going on. There’s too much flimflam, and it’s usually the little people that get hurt,” the judge said. “That’s the tragedy with these white-collar crimes.”
In summary, it should be pointed out that in the same February email shown in Part 1, Williams clarified he was still using convicted swindler Thomas Padgett, it appears, to help with the NA’s taxes and would seek to put the blame for the alleged financial fraud on former NA Chairman Shaun Walker and Martin. Williams wrote: “I’ll talk again to Tom Padgett again [sic] who I feel will support our efforts to dig out of this IRS crater. He could only file returns from what Martin provided to him.”
Note that according to Reference 1, Williams intends to re-file the NA taxes and it appears that he intends to continue using the services of this same person (Padget) because according to Williams, Padget is familiar with NA finances
Exhibit 3: (Source Reference 1)
Discussion: From the above mentioned Reference 1 the following quotes speak for themselves and it appears no further elucidation on the facts should be needed:
- “Lumber Liquidators”: After multiple scandals caused NA member dues income to dry up, the accounting ledger shows the Alliance took in more than $200,000 selling timber on the compound in 2010. But most of the money seems to have disappeared.”
- “Hundreds of thousands of dollars were missing or misappropriated. In the four and a half month period between July and November 2010, for example, the Alliance deposited more than $203,000 into a business checking account, proceeds from the sale of timber on the property. Once deposited, the money was moved to various accounts but less than $20,000 was used to replenish inventory or pay expenses. The rest “seems to have disappeared.”
“Analysis is the more evidence of tax fraud and embezzlement to avoid being audited by the IRS.”
Exhibit 4: (Source Reference 1)
Discussion: From the above mentioned Reference 1 the following quotes speak for themselves and it appears no further elucidation on the facts should be needed:
“Remaining Inventory: The National Alliance has less than a quarter million dollars of retail value book inventory remaining. NA Chairman Williams is allegedly liquidating the bulk of this inventory to Mark Weber’s Noontide Press, at a deeply discounted rate, in violation of a civil court order.”
Part 3: Specific Examples of Williams Continuing Dialog and Ongoing Communications with SPLC and Others
In spite of Williams claiming that it is NARRG operatives and not his own organization(s) that are in contact with and continuing communication with the SPLC, there is direct irrefutable evidence that it is in fact Williams himself that has undertaken ongoing dialog and communication with his self-proclaimed “nemesis” and “arch enemy SPLC”. NARRG has steadfastly refused any dialog with SPLC.
Discussion: From the above mentioned Reference 1 the following quotes speak for themselves and it appears no further elucidation on the facts should be needed, unless otherwise noted:
- Despite his recent attempts to raise money to supposedly take the SPLC to court, “Chairman Williams” has actually had a fairly friendly relationship with the SPLC for more than a year, posing for photographs and cooperating with interviews, both on and off the record and frequently posting articles we’ve written about him on various hate sites.”
- “Earlier this month, for example, in a May 7 email to an SPLC staff member, Williams stated he had been in contact the night before with Frazier Glenn Miller who murdered three people at Jewish facilities in Overland Park, Kan., last year. He had arranged for Miller to be interviewed by an SPLC writer and an academic.”
- Williams wrote, “Glenn call [sic] me last night, oddly enough, and I informed him of your request. He said he’d talk to you and XXXX and will call you, but I have to wait until he calls me again to give him your numbers…We’ll see how straight you boys can shoot with a man like FGM who is so universally hated.”
Editor’s note, the quote immediately above, conceals the identity of the unnamed person by striking out that name using X’s, instead of using an alias.
In summary, it should be pointed out that Williams has been on the defensive and trying to explain away the grave series of media blunders that have occurred as a result of his mishandling of the apparent “financial improprieties “ that have occurred at the NA.
Part 4: Concluding Comments
After seeing all of the publicly published NA financial improprieties, some of which is reproduced above, one can come away with the feeling that where’s there smoke there’s fire. The overwhelming propensity of evidence would make one come to the following obvious series of logical conclusions:
- Williams in his own words publicly admits that financial improprieties occurred at the NA and its subsidiaries under the corporate governance of Gliebe as Chairman and Cartwright as Treasurer/ Officer.
Gliebe and probably others did inappropriate financial acts which appear to be intentional and cannot be brushed off as innocent ignorance.
Jayne Cartwright while being Gliebe’s appointed NA Corporate Treasurer/ Officer allowed and some say enabled Gliebe to get way with financial “highway robbery” so to speak.
It appears that some sort of back room deal involving Gliebe and Williams occurred which allowed the transfer of NA chairmanship over to Williams, but with the stipulation that Cartwright must stay on as a Board Member and serve as Williams appointed NA Corporate Secretary/ Officer.
Violations of Virginia’s State Corporation Commission regulations probably have occurred, some minor and some possibly reaching up to being serious breaches of fiduciary responsibility, some say.
Some, if not many, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) were not followed which allowed these financial misdoings to occur.
Williams (in his own words) has and continues to try to put the blame on these financial misdoings onto others, and at the same time “shield” (protect) Gliebe (and also Cartwright as former NA Treasurer/ Officer) from dereliction of fiduciary duty and these accusations of financial misdoings.
NARRG’s continuing legal actions including involving use of several financial forensic investigators will reveal once and for all to what extent these financial misdeeds occurred under Gliebe and Cartwright that are now being “shielded” (protected) by Williams.
- At trial NARRG will aggressively legally pursue to find the truth and to achieve justice. If successful in court, NARRG will seek the full strong arm of the law, and will not “shield” Gliebe and Cartwright like what Williams has publicly stated he is doing.
Upon a successful verdict, NARRG will immediately enact good corporate business management for the NA Corporation and its subsidiaries, and will follow GAAP and other proper fiduciary practices, unlike that which occurred under Gliebe’s & Cartwright’s mismanagement.